Thursday, January 18, 2007

Golden Globe Winners

When the Golden Globe nominations were announced, I complained that this year lacked the excellence of last. While I wasn't quite wrong, I should have held out for those last few movies of the year before rendering my final judgment. This year did lack a Cache or Match Point, but it did have Children of Men and Pan's Labyrinth. However, the Hollywood Foreign Press seems to have failed to notice, so it seems my cynicism was justified, at least in part. I really don't understand how Babel, a great movie, don't get me wrong, could beat Children of Men, an even greater one.



Oh well. I guess awards really are meaningless after all. After last years Oscar win for Crash, I should have figured that out on my own.





Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments: